Randstad is the global recruitment and HR company which operates in 39 countries globally. Started in the Netherlands, Randstad moved into the UK market in 2006 by acquiring several UK recruitment companies and bringing them into the Randstad fold. In 2016, Randstad also bought Monster, a leading online jobsite.
Within the UK market, Randstad operates across construction, financial, IT, health, education, HR and in-house recruitment industries. They have 70 offices across the UK.
The UK recruitment market is extremely competitive, with over 2,500 players within the M25 around London alone. The market has become increasingly specialised as companies require candidates with certain skill sets or experience to fit their market. Recruitment margins have been squeezed due to technology, competition and tougher client negotiations.
I joined Randstad as they were centralising functions and internal systems across all departments. They were looking for someone to help them with automated email campaigns, management of the job boards, SEO and PPC and an end-to-end recruitment reporting tool to help them understand online marketing channels were the most effective in generating sales
Randstad was also in the process transitioning all their current websites into one key recruitment hub: Randstad.co.uk, this needed to be managed across several recruitment divisions, each of which had a different personalised website.
- Getting blocked from Google search due to historic backlinking
- Uncleansed data of over 500,000 candidates across several business sectors
- Three site migrations and one rebrand
- Centralisation of all the company’s marketing resources
- Two recruitment CRMs
- The responsibility for 120 recruitment consultants across three business divisions (IT, Finance and accounting and Interim Executives)
- Reporting to three Managing Directors and one Marketing Director
- Management of all email campaigns, including planning, data management, content development, business sign off, and reporting to provide clear action plans for improving results.
- Management of all SEM activity, including SEO and PPC campaigns via Google Analytics and development of search measurement strategies to allow the business to customise and react quickly to business demands.
- Management of two website migration projects including content development.
- Creation, planning, and implementation of end-to-end marketing strategies for several unique business focus areas, ensuring plans are fully customisable and measurable at all stages.
- Implementation of lead generation email marketing campaigns to drive increased job applications and job placements from the Randstad website
- CRM management, including the cleansing, targeting, and segmentation of over 500,000 B2B and B2C contacts across five recruitment sectors and 2 separate CRMs.
- Ranking 1st for 'IT Salary Survey' on Google within 6 months, a key term which increased traffic to the Randstad website.
- Creation of an end-to-end reporting analysis from source to candidate application to placement.
- All Randstad websites migrated onto Randstad.co.uk
- A completely automated job alert email campaign created, supplying relevant jobs to candidates which doubled qualified website leads.
Get in touch
If you are interested in how I can help your company achieve similar results, please get in touch and let's have an obligation-free chat.