Each month, we assess a range of SME businesses to determine how they’re working and what they need to do to improve.
You can check out the full infographic below. But here’s a sampling of our key takeaways for May 2022:
- 61% of businesses are struggling with their suitability and scalability; in other words, their ability to adapt and change to meet their customers’ needs.
- On the positive side, more businesses than not feel that their marketing directly addresses their customers’ problems from their perspective. With 56% of those surveyed agreeing.
- And there was a slight uptick in those feeling that their content strategy is connected to what they do, rising 5% from 28% in April to 33% in May.
- On the other hand, the number of businesses without an email list grew. Up 2% from 42% in April to 44% in May.
- 80% of businesses surveyed in April had a clear follow-up process for contacting leads generated by their marketing. However, that number has dramatically fallen to 22% as of May 2022!
Here’s a full breakdown of May’s SME marketing performance:
What would you and your business score? Take our content marketing quiz to find out!